Click Here to Apply - Course Title MHG72
NOTE: This course will closes for grant-aided applications on March 8th 2019, and for self-funded applications on June 1st 2019.
Application is made through the Postgraduate Application Centre (at https://pac.ie) using the Course Code [MHG72] for Maynooth University. After the deadline of March 9th 2018, applications will be reviewed for eligibility, and then ranked by the quality of each application. Places and grants will be offered to up to 20 of the top eligible students; places without grants may be offered to up to 5 additional students. If grant offers are not accepted, subsequent offers may be made at a later stage to further eligible students. Ineligible students will hear back before the end of March. There is an appeals process for unsuccessful applicants. Grants offers will be made in early April. Second round grant offers will be made in late April/early May. The course begins nominally on the 1st September: successful applicants will receive details from the first university they attend.
To ease the application process, we offer application checklists - please use these to ensure you have included everything required in your application:
The following details are required to make an application:
- Name, date-of-birth, address, nationality, etc.
- Two Letters of Recommendation
- Full academic details (degree awarded, and detailed module results)
- Your mobility preferences (between the three universities)
- Personal statement, detailed your motivation for applying to the course
- List of programming lannguages you are proficient in
- Your marks for any ALGORITHM and DATA STRUCTURES modules/courses you have studied
- Your grade, percentage, and GPA for the final year of your degree programme, and your degree ranking (if known) - or for the penultimate year of the programme if you have not yet completed your degree
- Your university ranking in the current Times Higher Education World University Rankings
- Additional information that may further improve your application
The following additional information is required if also applying for an EMJMD grant (see Scholarships for further information):
- Proof of current residence
You will be required to upload the following documents:
- Certified copies of official transcripts of results for all qualifications listed in your application. Transcripts of results in languages other than English must be accompanied by a translation into English PLUS a copy of the original certificate indicating the award. This must show the mark you received for each module you have taken.
- Two letters of recommendation (at least one from the institution you have graduated/will graduate from)
- A personal statement detailing your motivation for applying for this course
- Your CV (in European Format - http://europass.cedefop.europa.eu for details)
- A copy of your valid passport (if you have multiple nationalities, you must decide at the time of application under which nationality you are applying)
- A copy of your up-to-date English Language Competence Certificate i.e. IELTS, TOEFL PBT, TOEFL IBT, or PTE. One of these certificates must be provided if English is not your native language. Required scores are IELTS 6.5 or higher, with a minimum of 5.5 in each indvidual component of the test; TOEFL PBT: 585; TOEFL IBT 95; PTE (Pearson): 62.
- Copy of your degree parchment (diploma)
- You will be required to download, complete, sign, and then upload a form confirming that you understand the Grant Eligibility Requirements, and stating whether you will consider a non-grant aided place if you are not offered a grant
- Proof of current residence (if applying for the grant)
You will also be required to submit an application fee (paid directly to PAC) of EUR 50.